It’s vital that you frequently measure the temperature of the water in your fish tank. Failure to maintain the optimum temperature for your fish will cause stress, health issues and even death for your fish.
Fluvel E Series
|Our User Rating||(4 / 5)||(4.2 / 5)||(4.2 / 5)||(4.5 / 5)||(4.6 / 5)|
|Available Watts||50 / 100 / 200 / 300||50 / 75 / 100 / 150 / 200 / 250 / 300||50 / 100 / 200 / 300||25 / 50 / 75 / 125 / 150 / 300||50 / 100 / 150 / 200 / 250|
|Temperature Reading||Celsius & Fahrenheit||Celsius & Fahrenheit||Celsius & Fahrenheit||Celcius||Fahrenheit|
|Flexible Mounting Angles|
|Warranty||5 years||1 year||1 year||3 years||Lifetime|
|Price||**CHECK PRICE**||**CHECK PRICE**||**CHECK PRICE**||**CHECK PRICE**||**CHECK PRICE**|
Our User Rating – Our own opinion based on our product research on our own and other user’s testing and feedback. Click on one of the featured products and you’ll be brought to Amazon’s product page, where you’ll find genuine customer reviews which we recommend you to read.
Best Value / Top Rated – Products that we feel stands out in a specific area such as value for money or reputation have been given one of our awards.
5) Hagen Fluval E Electronic Heater 50 – 300 Watts
Our User Rating (4.0 / 5)
Resembling a military device, the Fluval E Electronic Heater by Hagen is technologically advanced in continuously monitoring and displayer water temperatures in aquariums. It packs many features including:
- An LCD display that constantly shows real time water temperatures, with changing color display if the water temperature varies from the pre-set temperature, and flashing display if there’s a drastic change in water temperature.
- Dual temperature sensors for accurate and real time water temperature readings.
- The adjustment lever allows you to adjust the temperature in 0.5° increments.
- Fish and invertebrates cannot come in contact with the inner shock resistant glass heater core due to the outer guard.
- The heater can be mounted at any angle.
Hagen’s Fluval E Electronic Heaters provides you with the option of 50 watts to 300 watts, and all come with a 5 year warranty.
4) Aquatop GH Series Aquarium Submersible Glass Heater 50 – 300 Watts
The Aquatop GH Series Aquarium Heaters are fully submersible that allow you to easily maintain constant and stable temperatures in your fish tank. The heater is constructed from high-quality insulated glass and incorporates double insulation wall.
It’s simple to install by using the included suction cups. Both the temperature and to change its setting via the adjustment knob, is highly visible with bright red colors. They’re available from 50 watts (up to 13 gallon tank capacity) right through to 300 watts (up to 75 gallons).
3) ViaAqua Quartz Glass Submersible Heater With Built-In Thermostat 50 – 300 Watts
Fully submersible and constructed with high-quality break resistant glass, the ViaAqua Aquarium Heater also has a built-in thermostat to automatically regulate temperature (adjusts itself to the desired temperature). Readings are highly visible with red numbers, and the heater is easy to set up with the included suction cups.
They’re available from 50 watts which can handle up to 13 gallon tank (50 liters), with the highest option being 300 watts, handling up to 80 gallons (300 liters).
2) EHEIM Jager Aquarium Thermostat Heater 25 – 300 Watts
The EHEIM Jager Aquarium Heater is constructed from shock resistant and shatter proof glass for fresh or marine water. The glass is heavy for extra strength and the power cord has an industrial feel to it. The heater features thermo safety controls that will protect against running dry, and will turn itself off if the water level dips too low.
Temperature is automatically regulated via its TruTemp dial and there’s an on/off indicator which allows you to monitor things at-a-glance. EHEIM Aquarium Heaters are available from 25 watts through to 300 watts.
1) Aqueon Pro Heaters 50 – 250 Watts
Our User Rating (4.6 / 5)
The highest rated (at the time of writing) aquarium heater on Amazon is the Aqueon Pro Heaters, which can be attributed to its almost indestructible construction thanks to its aluminum core (does not use any glass components) that provides strength and even heat distribution.
Other benefits include:
- Electrical thermostat automatically turns itself off if the heater is not in water, and resets itself to resume working when placed back into water.
- The device can be placed vertically or horizontally inside the fish tank.
- Has a large control knob which allows you to easily modify the temperature.
- Clear monitor light – Red for heating and green to let you know that the aquarium has reached the set temperature.
Aqueon have confidence in the quality of their Pro Heaters, evident by providing a lifetime warranty. They’re available from 50 watts to 250 watts.
To get the most out of your aquaponics system, I highly recommend the following articles, where you can decide from the highest rated and bestselling products for aquaponics.